Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a court order with Orders that I

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a court order with Orders that I don't understand (regarding Property Settlement). Can you please explain what they mean?

1) ...the Applicant and Respondent provide to the other party: a) 3 most recent taxation returns and assessments.

For the above: Does this mean for "taxation returns" : the bit of paper that the ATO sends back to you after you submit your income/tax details showing a refund or debt, that has "NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT" at top? and for "taxation assessments" - can you please explain what they mean here?

2)...the Applicant and Respondent provide to the other party: b) a completed superannuation information form or in the case of an accumulation fund the 2 most recent member statements.

For the above: I have only one super account, and I have 2 recent Member Statements for that account. Is that all I need to supply? Under what circumstances do I need to supply 'superannuation information form'?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.
Good Evening

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

1. You each have to supply to each other your last 3 years of tax returns and assessments issued from the ATO for the ones you have lodged.

Yes you have to provide both the return and the assessment. The Assessment does not give the same breakdown as the return does.

2. Yes oyu have to provide the last 2 statements form the Superannuation fund you have and the other party has to do the same.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

I had the Tax Return and Assessment mixed up I think

So to clarify:

a)Is the Tax Return the form I fill out and send to the ATO providing information relating to my income for the year?

b)Is the Tax Assessment the bit of paper that I get from the ATO after I have submitted my Tax Return?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Good Evening

a. Yes that is correct.

b. Yes that is correct.

They want both.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for explaining that. I don't require any more assistance with this question thank you.

Good Evening

You are welcome.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.