Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Hi, I was born in Osiek Yugoslavia. My name on my LOST Birth

Hi, I was born in Osiek Yugoslavia. My name on my LOST Birth certificate is Zsofi Csonka. Born 13/07/1957 . Parents name is XXXXX XXXXX Veronica Csonka. I have looked everywhere to find my Birth Certificate and my Citizenship papers. We arrived in Australia in 1958, don't know anymore than that. I hope you can help me.
Many thanks
Sophia Hawreluk
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

As you born in the former Yugoslavia, I am unable to assist you with your birth certificate the only thing I can suggest is contacting the consulate that exists today of the area where Osiek is located and ask them whether records were kept from when the country was known as Yugoslavia.

In relation to your citizenship, you can make an application to the Department of immigration and they will reissue your certificate has been lost.

The following link provides details and also the application forms for you to obtain evidence of your citizenship.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/proof_of_citizenship/

By contacting the department they will tell you what the processes and how long it will take.

Once the application is lodged and processed they should provide you with the necessary documentation for you to be able to then undertake what you need to with your evidence of citizenship.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you VERY much. Its a start. I think the Consulate is Croatia. I don't know were they are???

I live in Sydney, So if you could help me where the consulate is, I will be taking it further.

Many Thanks

Sophia Hawreluk

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,

The following link provides details of the Croatian consulates and embassies in Australia and their telephone numbers and addresses.

http://www.croatiasa.com/page.php/9/

You can contact them and they will be able to assist you with your birth certificate.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)