Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

Is it a requirement to have someone in attendance 24/7 at hotel

Is it a requirement to have someone in attendance 24/7 at hotel accommodation. The freeholder would like to lease the accommodation section of a hotel, with the current tenants running the hotel

Please reply to [email protected]

Tereisa Sinclair
Property Manager
No, there is no legal requirement that a hotel needs to be staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Usually they are so that guests aren't able to get up to mischief, but that isn't a requirement under the legislation.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.