Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Hello, you helped me with some advise regarding putting subpoenas

Customer Question

you helped me with some advise regarding putting subpoena's together last week.
I have just one more question. When I send the subpoena to the person who needs to provide the information, is there anything I need to include or do? I vaguely remember somewhere that I needed to send money to them as well??

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

I assume that you have had the subpoenas filed with the court and the court has given you a return date on which the documents must be delivered.

You now need to serve the subpoena on the parties that they are addressed to and send with it a cheque for conduct money.

Now the amount is between $30 and $50.

If the party that receives the subpoena believes that the funds are not enough, they will contact you and ask for more.

The conduct monies for reasonable costs for having the documents copied and forwarded to the court.

You will need to send them a cheque.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?