Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a judgement against my company Delprince Holdings in

Customer Question

I have a judgement against my company Delprince Holdings in the Magistrates court Perth West Australia for $8915 on 8/2/2012.
This now appears in my credit file preventing me from securing a business loan
It has been settled but I do not know how to get it off my file
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

Are the people that suit you and obtained a judgement against you in court, prepared to have the judgement set aside?

Have they put a notation on your credit file that the judgement has been paid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was unaware it had gone to court and had paid my rent at the time

I have written and requested they assist to have it removed but received no reply

Terry

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning

You are going to need to apply to the court to have the judgement said aside.

All court documents should have been sent to the registered office of the company. If the registered office is your accounts office you need to speak to the camera and see whether he ever received any documents.

Only if the judge money set aside will the notation on your credit file disappear.

Has the creditor responded to your request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No and I was not even aware of the case going to court

I received the papers and paid immediately

Thanks

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

I suggest you contact the court listed on this papers, because a judgement is a court order against your company.

Are you sure it is a judgement that is registered on their and not just the default? These are 2 very different things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked with the local court and it is a judgement which I settled but the owners will not agree to removing

I have spoken to the clerk at the court and he said it was voluntary and I could not force them

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

When did oyu pay it before the judgement was entered or after?

What papers did you receive that made you pay it?

If it was paid before then you can apply to have it set aside as they did not have a right to request judgement against you.