Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

hi i am entitled to work for 40 hrs forth nightly.But i have

hi
i am entitled to work for 40 hrs forth nightly.But i have been forced to worked 112 hrs forthnightly.But i got pay only for 40 hrs.Can i cliam my wages back,though i have exceeded my work limit
Can you please provide significantly more background information for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what are the information you need from me

Can i cliam my wages back?

Yes, you can.

From the sounds of it you have grounds to make a complaint to the Fair Workplace Ombudsman on the basis that your workplace rights have been violated. I recommend that you call 13 13 94 and make a complaint about this.

Once you have given the Fair Workplace Ombudsman a call, you should talk to your employer and tell your employer you have spoken to the Fair Workplace Ombudsman and that you believe your workplace rights have been trampled, but that you are still willing to negotiate a resolution to this problem. However, if this doesn't work, then you will need to fill out a complaint form which can be posted to you from the Fair Workplace Ombudsman. When you call 13 13 94 ask them to send out to you such a form.

Your complaint may result in an investigator coming to see your employer just to make sure workplace laws have been complied with! Under paying employees is against the law, so if the investigator finds that this has occurred - fines and other penalties could be applied.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.