Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

NSW Law - hello I have been issued with a subpeona to appear

Customer Question

NSW Law - hello I have been issued with a subpeona to appear in court - there was an incident and my husband was charged with domestic violence against me - do I have to give evidence against him?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
do I have to give evidence against him?

Once a subpoena has been issued, yes. Unfortunately you do. If you don't show up to the Court date, the matter will likely be dismissed. However, they might also issue an arrest warrant for you.

I'm sorry, and I wish I had better news for you.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I were to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

As such, if you are satisfied with my effort in answering your question, then I'll ask that you please provide positive feedback.