Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

How difficult is to bring over to Australia my new Croatian

How difficult is to bring over to Australia my new Croatian husband (i am dual citizen croatian and Australian). I've heard Partners visa is extremely hard to be obtained. we would like to settle in Australia as I work here.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look I will wait as I need to sort this out.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

I cannot tell you about how difficult it is as this depends on a case by case basis.

How long have you known each other? How long have you been married?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We grew up together being in relationship for 12 years he was my first love and I was his. I stupidly dumped him after an argument and went on to marry my former husband. When divorced 2 yrs ago I looked and found my sweetheart on Facebook. We got back in contact and finally married this year when I went back to my mothers funural. I know it sounds weird but it is true. We would both to live in Australia as I have an excellent job here and I consider Australia my home. He is willing to continue life with me here. Thank you so much!!!
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

So your relationship is less than 12 months?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our marriage is 5 months now
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

You need to show you have been in a relationship for at least 12 months.

When did you come back to australia?

The link for the visa is a s follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/eligibility-married.htm

You are going to need the assistance of an immigration solicitor.

After your separation how long before you made contact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I show being in relationship for at least 12 months?

I came back in April this year.

Very soon after separation I made contact with him, a month or so.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning

The department looks at communications between you, flights back and forth by you and him, emails telephone calls, cards letters etc.

You also can rely on others giving evidence on what they saw between you and him.

This is the type of evidence they need.

You are going to have to get all this together.

The wedding arrangements how they were made etc.

How long have you been apart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been apart for 22 years
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning

Since the marriage?

This is what they look at. Your relationship from the date you and your first husband ended todate.

How long have been apart from your new husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No sorry for misunderstanding. My new husband and I have been apart 22 years. I was married to my first husband for 21 years. My new husband and i have been apart since April this year. Married in January this year.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,

From the date you separated from your 1st husband how long have you been in a relationship with your new husband? The relationship starts from the day he started seeing each other or contacting each other not the date of the marriage.

If you have been seeing each other for 12 months including the marriage then you can make the application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX given me a bit of hope! Could you please suggest any immigration lawyers here in perth so i can thake this further? you have been very helpful, I can't thank you enough.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,

I would suggest that you contact the Law Society of Western Australia and requested they refer you to solicitors the practice in the area of migration.

Their website is as follows:

http://www.lawsocietywa.asn.au

They will give you the names of solicitors in the area and then you can contact them and interview them and also ascertain what they will charge you for the work.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No thank you. How can i rate you?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

You are very welcome.

The rating page should come up now.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)