Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Hi, I am an Australian citizen and live in Australia. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I am an Australian citizen and live in Australia. I have a baby (9 months old) to an English man. Recently we traveled to visit his parents in England and my partner has decided he now wants to dissolve our relationship and stay residing with his parents in England. He is a qualified nurse and has left his job here in Australia, but intends to work in the same field in England.

I recently flew home to Australia and I am wondering how to claim child maintenance for my son from his father who will be living abroad in England.

Can you advise me of how to I would be able to make a child maintenance payment arrangement legal & binding?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Evening

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

Can I confirm that you are living in Australia and he is now in the UK?