Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

I have a companion in Ghana who is wanting to ship 120 kg of

I have a companion in Ghana who is wanting to ship 120 kg of gold to Australia - we have been told that the shipping fee is $33000, but we have now been told that the gold needs to be insured for $100000. Could you confirm if this is correct?
It is a fraudulent scam and you are being duped.

I strongly recommend against you sending any money, and I suggest that you report this to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's Scam Watch division which can be reached on 1300 795 995.

By sounding the alarm you are helping other Australians to avoid losing their money to this con man outfit, and the ACCC can also investigate and follow up with police action.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.