Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

my daugther has had a child the father has not been their for

Customer Question

my daugther has had a child the father has not been their for 6 months he has been sending abusive text messages and on line through facebook, he has just filed a summons to court for full custody, her new partner has a full time job my daughter is staying with us we have set up a full nursery and the baby is fine. the fathers grand parents demand seeing the child when they are available can the mother put restrictions on this or get a court order to keep them away they totally ignore the mother when they are visiting. i would like some resriction put on them from coming to our house is that legal?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
i would like some restriction put on them from coming to our house is that legal?

Until there are Court orders in place, your daughter can deny the grandparents access to see the child. However, judges usually grant grandparents access if it is being unreasonably denied by a parent. So while she can deny contact for the time being, that might not be the case going forward.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.