Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

my brother and i are international students here in australia.

Customer Question

my brother and i are international students here in australia. my brother was assaukted by 3 afghanistani boys in the broad day light. he was draged out of one car into the car where these assaukters were n. they asaulted him badly with punces and scatches on the face and even on the skull. and then threw him out of the car. and they also took my brothers mobile phone along with them.we lodged a complaint on this to the police and they are working on the investigation. but i wanted to know from my part if i can somehow get some benefits out of this situation as it wa an assault on an international student and that too in broad day light. please let me know.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
What have you tried so far?: only police complaint

All you can do is report the matter to the police and hope charges are laid. When I was an international student doing my law degree in Australia, I was assaulted by an Australian. The fact of the matter is that this sort of thing is not necessarily uncommon.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.