Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have been stood down from my position as a drill supervisor

I have been stood down from my position as a drill supervisor for five weeks now after I tied to demote an employee from driller to a trainee. At the time I tied to demote him he made allegations against me of bullying and harassment. I have not been issue with any disciplinary action and the outcomes of the investigation and the initial allegations have been scarcely explained to me. Do I have a case for defamation against the individual and can I also take action against the company for the way in which they poorly conducted the investigation?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still require assistance.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm, you have been demoted from driller to trainee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am the supervisor. I was the one demoting a driller to a trainee. During this process the driller has accused me of bullying and harassment.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Simply demoting a person for failure to perform is not alone bullying and harassment.

In such matters, you being treated in such a manner, you need to be given each and every complaint and respond to it.

Your employer has not given you ample time and consideration.

You are open to complain to fair work Australia, giving them a chance to look to the situation, as it is clear that they have dealt with the matter so horribly.

Fair work will look into the matter strongly.

Pleaser accept.

Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court