Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

What are my rights to stop a protection order went my child

What are my rights to stop a protection order went my child has been in care for two month and one of thought months child safety aloud her not to atten school can see how that where can I read how very thing work
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

It is difficult to understand what you are asking.

When you say protection order, have the children being taken away from you and an order made by the children's court?

Do you now wish to have the children come back and live with you and you wish to know what is the process of overturning the court order?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its up for mention this friday them wanting a protection order for to year as they feel it's in her best intrested as she stated she just run away again and doesn't feel safe in family home after one incident when iwas one wrong medication ihead her wirst and had a knift witch was bad and wrong but child has never been hit in fourteen year because in interview forgot to tell them that he was talk up the hospital where there was nothing wrong with here only show old broken wrist for ripstick hole time chid safety hasn't ask me anything just told me just need to know were and what my rights are how to go with mention as they don't even have her in school every worry that she going to be place on order and left to run ring around very one as she is very strong but love playing Vi
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good Morning

The child is not safe or does not feel safe?

You gave her wrong medication?

She cut her wrist with a knife?

Is this what childrens services was called about?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No child wasn't hurt I was not in right mind as I ws on wrong mediction due to total lost of my memory she dosent feel safe no harm to her children safety come into it as child run away for home she states that she dosent feel safe and they as the impact of me threnting her is reson for her challenge behavior and the it in there opinion that a two year protection order be put in place.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good Afternoon,

I think I now understand a little bit better.

Are you saying the reason the child feels threatened because you were on the wrong medication? And because you're on the wrong medication your reactions cause the fair in the child?

Can you tell me simply how did it happen that you were on the wrong medication?

Are you able to get anything from your doctor to confirm that this was a one-off case?

Do you have a solicitor to represent you on the next occasion?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes can get doctor to confirm I was on wrong mediction get there paper work on wedesday this week and for mention on this friday not don't have lawer wasn't sure I needed one due as it only at mention satge
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good Afternoon,

I would suggest that you have a solicitor represents you on the mention and it may necessarily be required that you get a further adjournment so that he can prepare a case for you.

I suspect from what you've told me that the incident that resulted in your child being afraid to stay at home was because of the incorrect medication by you, and if it can be explained why it happened and that it will not happen again you may be able to get the case dismissed and the child returned to you.

But you will need to have a solicitor represent you on the day.

Do not attempt to do this on your own because the courts are inclined to listen to child services as it is their job to protect the children.

You should contact the Law Society of Queensland and get a referral to a solicitor practices in the area of child protection.

Their website is as follows:

http://www.qls.com.au

Provided it can be shown that this was the sole reason for the child's fear and that it will not happen again and you will put things in place to make sure it does not happen again I believe the court may make orders the child be returned home.

But please do not appear on your own on the day. If you cannot get the solicitor for the Wednesday get a letter from them to get an adjournment for the mention to be moved over to a day that they can appear.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)