Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

consent orders

My husband and I in our mid 20's and have been separated for 3 years and now organising a divorce. We both do not actually have any assets and are not looking to make any claim against each other/as there are no shared assets or anything of worth between us. We are filing a joint consent order ourselves to minimise cost and I was looking to find out when the assets are not joint and each of us has very minimal money separately to our names, is submitting an affidavit to state that we are not looking to make claim or future claim against each other with the completed consent documents enough, or do we still need to list what each other has and show how we would split it be it nothing?
I would also like to add we have no children
We will also be doing the divorce filing ourselves as well as a joint application.

To save time and effort, I would suggest that you just sign a binding financial agreement that outline that you are not to make any claim against each other in future.

Have it witnessed by a solicitor.

Secondly, after you have been divorced for 1 year, you cannot claim anything from each other anyway.

Please accept.