Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I ve sign a residential property lease with my partner ( both

I ve sign a residential property lease with my partner ( both our names are XXXXX XXXXX) and still have a year to go on the contact , can I take my name of it if the partner agrees and what do I need to do this
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

It is a fixed term lease for the 12 months?

Have you spoken with the landlord or the agent about this?

Is your partner prepared and able to keep the lease for the balance of the period?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi ,yes it is a fix term lease for 12 months and no have not spoken to the landlord or agent yet as doing my homework on this matter first. Yes he can afford it and said he is prepared to take on the lease. waiting for reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
rate your service ok so far please answer my reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes in a fix term lease for 12 months , have not spoken to the landlord or agent as yet , he is able too take over and can afford the rent and is prepared to take it on the lease without my name on it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
cause I reply to his / her question in wanting more information and as not gotten back to me
My apology for the delay I lost internet connection.

If your partner is prepared to take it over, then you have to get the landlords consent for you to be removed and for your partner to be the sole tenant.

Here is some information from the department of commerce for you.

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumerprotection/content/Property_renting/Renting_and_tenancy/Tenants/Ending_a_tenancy.html

You need the landlords consent.

Again my apology for not being able to get back to you earlier.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.