Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My friend in Australia was convicted of a Peep & Pry crime

Customer Question

My friend in Australia was convicted of a Peep & Pry crime while serving in the Royal Australian Navy. He was terminated from the Navy but appealed the decision and is currently waiting for a decision to be made. I realize this is Australian military law, but do you know how he is likely to fare? Are you allowed to serve in the Navy even if you have a criminal record?
Thank you!
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your getting back to me. Yes, I can wait, that's no problem.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will continue to wait a little while longer. Thanks.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Yes, please refund my deposit. Thank you for trying to answer my question. Yes, I will think of this again should the need arise.

Thank you!