Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

What do u think about timeshares

What do u think about timeshares
I think they are usually a bad investment.

They are easy to buy and difficult to sell, and cause the owner to incur unexpected maintenance and repair fees. Given the unending costs of owning a timeshare, it is probably less expensive in the long run to just rent a hotel room or take a short term rental on a vacation home. Those options do not expose the renter to any liability when the rental needs a new roof.

I'm sure there must be someone somewhere who is happy to own a timeshare, but I have never met such a person.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got duped into buying some have never used them is there any way I can get out of it.

Where did you buy them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wyndham resorts.

I bought them after a presentation in Goulborn St, Sydney.

I'm sorry but I will have to move this question over to Australia Law.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

I largely agree with what the lawyer from California said. When specifically did you buy the time shares, and was there a cooling off notice given to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought them 2 years ago and there was a 10 day cooling off period.

Unfortunately in that case the only thing you can do is sell them to someone else. Otherwise you are left with the obligation of paying fees annually.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Experience: I did my law degree at the University of Queensland