Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

RA-JM

Hi Alex, this is Jut Answer Client : JACUSTOMER-vxkdpr4y - I'm waiting some answer on the - on Wyndham Holiday Finance. I'v attached contract documents as you have asked for it and Waiting to have your Expert Advice.
Thankyou
When did you attach the documents?

Can you please email it to:
[email protected]

And ask them to forward it to Alex in the Australia law group. This can take up to 24 hours.
I might have just found it, if it is dated 16 December 2008. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex, Yes, that's right .Thankyou.

I am sorry about the delay. I don't know why the attachment didn't appear until now. I recommend you email:
[email protected]

And ask them for a refund of your original question from ten days ago.

Now I have had a chance to look over the attached contract, and unfortunately the only way you can get rid of these Holiday Credits is to sell them to someone else, and have them take over the contract.

I'm sorry, and I wish I had better news for you.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I were to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

As such, if you are satisfied with my effort in answering your question, then I'll ask that you please provide positive feedback.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex, No worries I will resend this contract [email protected] But, is this the only option to Sell ?

I really don't want this but Happy to pay legal fee to Cancel out the contract.

I want to give up what i paid $17K and Happy to pay legal fees.

What will be the consequences if I stopped paying? These people seems pretty professional cheaters to me.

Please, Let me know the best possible option.

Thank you

Your problem if you just stop paying is that Wyndham will sue you. I know this because I almost worked for them shortly after I graduated from law school, and I was acquainted with many of their legal policies. I even know which law firm they would engage to sue you, and they are formidable.

Unfortunately, unless Wyndham would agree to cancel your contract (and there is no harm in asking them to), the only other option to get out of it is for someone else to take it over.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As they told me on my previous conversation they don't want to cancel. But, I really don't want this at all and I want to sue them even if I need to pay another 10k on legal fees. Pls, advise me the best solicitator who can handle this.

If you are in or close to Sydney then you should give Stephen Amelio a call. He can be reached on (02) 9806 7404, and should be able to assist you in suing them if that is what you want to do.

Please don't forget to leave positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Alex. I will call to Mr Stephen soon.

I'm glad I was able to assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex, I called the no you have provided but was unable to find Stephen Amelio.

In that case try calling Mark Streeter on (02) 8197 0105.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you.

I'm glad I was able to assist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex, I'v contacted Mark office and going to send infos. But, one thing I still need to know from you.

I'v stopped paying since Feb 2013 and whatever I paid them I don't want anything in return.

What extreme they can go legally ? Can they bankrupt me ?

Can you please accept my previous answer before we continue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex,No problem I will rate you as soon as I receive full answer But I'v been charged twice by Just Answer for one Question which I am still waiting to receive full answer.

As I have asked earlier you v replied they can sue me but what will be the consequences. What can they to me in extreme ?

I don't know why you would have been charged twice. If you email:

[email protected]

they should be able to issue you with a refund.

As for what they can do to you if you don't pay, they can sue you for what you owe. Once they have that judgement against you, yes, they can bankrupt you and the only way to avoid bankruptcy at that stage is to pay the judgement amount.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all right but I didn;t have any equity while these guys misleaded me to sign on documents.

what should be the financial penalties if i don't do any defence ? where as I have not received any benefit from this.

Not putting in a Defence is a bad idea. You are best off putting in at least a weak Defence instead of not filing one with the Court at all. However, the amount they will sue you for, that would only be for the missed payments so far as well as their legal fees.

</ br>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex, thank you for more details but what does it mean - "You are best off putting in at least a weak Defence" and how to do it ?

When they sue you, they need to have someone hand you a document called a Statement of Claim. On that document, there will be instructions on how to draft and file a Defence.