Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

Hi Alex I was just in Phuket and signed a contract with premier

Hi Alex I was just in Phuket and signed a contract with premier property and leisure.this was worth $19800.00us$. I gave them a $4950 us$ deposit on the 25 th march 2013 Left on the 26th march.Have now looked into it a bit more since being home and believe they cant deliver what was promised.have canceled credit card for balance payment. can they make me pay balance.Bank trying to recover deposit. Thanks XX XXXXXXXX

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Can you please attach a copy of the contract you signed so I can have a look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI ALEX

I DONT KNOW IF YOU GOT REPLY EMAIL WITH ATTACHED CONTRACTS. I COULDNT ADD THEM TO THIS SO SENT THROUGH OUTLOOK

XXXX XXXXXX

If you emailed it to:
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

And asked them to forward it to Alex in the Australia law group, then it will reach me. But this can take up to 24 hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WILL DO NOW

Great. I will let you know once it comes through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex

Just wondering if you received my email with contracts on it

I received an email from justanswer saying it was sent to you

Thanks

Joe

No, it hasn't arrived yet mate. If you could try to email them back and ask them to re-send it, that might be successful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No worries

The other option would be to try and attach it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry mate

Even my kids cant attach.We have tried several times it has some strange format come up when we try.But ill keep trying and will also resend other to customer service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex im sure contracts are on here but hard for me to tell i cant shrink size. let me know if their on here theres 2 more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I have had a look at the email containing the attachments.

Basically you are unlikely to get the deposit back, however, if you do not make payment of the outstanding amount there would be nothing they can do to force you to pay. Contracts from Thailand are not enforceable in Australia unless they are with an Australian company operating there, and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question.
Experience: I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheers Alex

Thanks for that info

One more question.

Im supposed to go back to Phuket sometime in the next 12 months

for some checkup dental work.

Will they be able to enforce contract.Or lock me up over there if I re-enter

their country.They only had my name from credit card no other

identification.

Also should I notify them im cancelling contract or just let it go.

they might have gathered by now with bank trying to reclaim deposit.

Thanks

Joe

They wouldn't lock you up, but they might try to get your passport taken off you making it difficult to return to Australia. I would recommend not going back.

And there is no need to tell them that you won't be continuing with the contract. If they haven't figured that out yet, they likely will soon enough.