Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

All my financial and parenting orders are complete. My ex wife

All my financial and parenting orders are complete. My ex wife is the live in parent. She has organised football for my son during my time and worst of all the coach is her lawyer partner - do I have any case to get my day changed

Deborah Awyzio :

If you have parenting orders which provide for the time your children spend with you, it is your decision as to what day to day activities they engage in, when with you.

Deborah Awyzio :

You can decide whether to take him to football or not during your time.

Deborah Awyzio :

In making decisions you should consider your son's best interests, even if that conflicts what might be best for you. That is the way a court looks at making parenting decisions.

Deborah Awyzio :

If you want to renegotiate arrangements to allow your son to attend his football and spend other time with you, you will need to go to family dispute resolution. You can find your closest family relationship centre which offers this free service at www.familyrelationships.gov.au

Customer: So it is in my sons best interest to go to soccer so the court will look dimly on me not taking him that means I have to take my daughter to trading to as she is with me
Customer: Sorry question not complete
Customer: I am in a lose lose situation - if I take him in his best interests when I go to court her lawyers will say everything is working fine why change. If I don't take him as it is a long way and expensive for me her lawyers will say I wasn't acting in the best interests of the child