Darren Kruse, Solicitor
Experience:  Practising in in Personal Injury, Workcover, Civil Disputes, Family, Wills and Estates and Criminal law.
54954358

When purchasing an item which is for sale in a department store,

When purchasing an item which is for sale in a department store, a binding contract is formed:
Choose one answer. a. When the item is placed on the counter at the cash register.
b. As soon as the store keeper displays the item with its sale price and proper description.
c. Upon the storekeeper accepting payment.
d. When a customer removes it from the shelf with the intention of purchasing it.
e. Only upon issue of a tax invoice to the customer
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Darren Kruse replied 6 years ago.

section52 :

The answer is c : Upon the storekeeper accepting payment because at that point consideration has been given for the item, and so the contract has been performed.

section52 :

the others :

section52 :

a. When the item is placed on the counter at the cash register. ; this is an invitation to treat only

section52 :

sorry : a. When the item is placed on the counter at the cash register ; no consideration has been exchanged at that point. So the contract is not complete.

section52 :

b. As soon as the store keeper displays the item with its sale price and proper description. ; this is an invitation to treat only

section52 :

d. When a customer removes it from the shelf with the intention of purchasing it. ; again - no consideration has passed at this point

section52 :

e. Only upon issue of a tax invoice to the customer ; this step postdates the performance of the contract and is an optional step.

I hope you found my answers helpful. Please click on the GREEN ACCEPTbutton above for my answer.

This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog, if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is for Section52

I have about 10 multiple choice questions i need some help with, on CONTRACT LAW, and am wondering what times you will on today??? It should take no longer than 1 hour. Will $200 be enough??? I hope you can be online at about 2pm??? Thanks