Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

How do I become the legal guardian of my 15 year old nephew

How do I become the legal guardian of my 15 year old nephew - he is unable to stay at home due to differences with his stepfather, his mother has asked if he can live with me.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
What state of Australia are you in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Queensland
In that case you are going to have to have a family lawyer draft consent orders to be signed by the boy's mother and yourself making you the legal guardian over your nephew. These orders get endorsed by the Court and then become binding on all parties.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.
Experience: I did my law degree at the University of Queensland