Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
Experience:  Law degree from the University of Melbourne 1978, with thirty years of practice experience.
32846363

Hello! I am cabinet maker and I did a kitchen 2 months ago. My

Hello!
I am cabinet maker and I did a kitchen 2 months ago.
My costumer was not happy and ask me 500 $ refund,I agreed with that and I pay it after 2 months she will further refund for the same reason.

Peter J R Gauld :

I cannot understand your note; please clarify.

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

My client asked 500 $ refund 2 months ago what I paid it.

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

Now she want more refund for the same reason

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

I have already paid once

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

Now she want to take me in court

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

Is she right?

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

She wrote me last time: Anyway, as agreed you will refund me $500. Upon receiving this payment we will let this matter go.

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

And I paid it

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

After 2 months she wants more money for the same reason

Peter J R Gauld :

Okay, thank you. Yes, I agree with you, that it seems that she has entered into a binding agreement in relation to the $500 refund. She has clearly stated in writing that upon payment of the $500 she will "let the matter go". I certainly regard this as binding.

Peter J R Gauld :

Based on what you have said, I would be writing to her along the following lines – "I have sought preliminary legal advice about your further demand, and that advice is that the matter was concluded by binding agreement when I provided the refund of $500. My advice is that the matter is now closed, and that if you commence proceedings they will be defended on this basis."

I think this probably answers your question, but please come back if you have any further query or require any clarification.

JACUSTOMER-56lux06u- :

Thanks for that

Peter J R Gauld :

Okay, best of luck. From what you have said I think this is pretty clear. I don't think she will do anything else.