Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

Civil construction, what is the definition of practical

Customer Question

Civil construction, what is the definition of practical completion
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
The definition of practical completion will be found in the contract the works commenced under.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The contract is governed by AS 2124, it does not give the definition of "practical completion", as an engineer I do not accept your answer.
My answer is not complete yet.

Can you please scan the contract and attach it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Alex I see no point in continuing as I require senior legal advice from a person that is throughly conversant with the Australian Standards 2124
Okay, I will request a refund for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Please clarify whether you would you like an answer or a refund?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex, I would like an answer. On the basis that Just Answer informed me my deposit was being refunded I paid another deposit today, hopefully this time I may get a result.

Regards Allan.

I used to work for a construction law practice so I am familiar with the area of law, however, I no longer have access to AS contracts.

As such, it would be helpful if you could please scan the AS contract and all related schedules and special terms so I can have a look.

At that stage I would be better able see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have a scanned copy of the AS-2124 in PDF format but have been unable to attach it to our response. Please advise how your would like to receive this document.

Please try the following:

First type some text, anything - just a few words. Then highlight the words with your mouse.

Once you have done that, click the chain icon between the happy smiley face and the tree.

A pop up window will open. The first line should say Link URL. At the end of it there is a little square icon with a blue line at the top.

Click it and an attachment upload box will pop up.

Edited by Alex on 11/1/2010 at 10:28 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is what I tried the first time and I have tried this again but unfortunately it seems to not accepting my PDF. Any other suggestions?

You can try uploading it to

www.rapidshare.com

and I can access it from there.