Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

can i get paid stress leave through my employer

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 years ago.
Good Afternoon,

You can only get sick leave.

If you need to take time off work because of work related stress then you can obtain a doctors certificate and have sick leave.

If the stress is more serious then you may be eligible to claim under workers compensation.

Your employer must provide a stress free working environment and if it is not and he is aware of the problems and does nothing about it then he can be held liable.

I hope this is of assistance and if so please click on the accept button
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in the last 8mths i have lost 20kg i drink more smoke more when im at work the company has wrongly taken my sick leave from me because of a work injury and then they have demoted me with out giving a reason is that enough
Expert:  Leon replied 6 years ago.
Good Afternoon,

What you are describing is a workers compensation claim and you should get a certificate from your doctor that you should be on workers compensation.

The work injury should have been workers compensation too and you should get your sick days back and the compensation insurer should reimburse the employer.

I hope this is of assistance and if so please click on the accept button,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i thought last time i was on this site it said we could ask as many questions as we like for free for a month
Expert:  Leon replied 6 years ago.
Good Afternoon

I do not know how that works.

All I know is that we only get paid if you click on the accept button. How the money you pay works I do not know.

You need to speak to the administrators about that.