qldlawyer
qldlawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
34879851

i came to australia as a student now i am in a bridging visa

i came to australia as a student now i am in a bridging visa A under general skill migration. Now i want to run my own bussiness ,i talked to immigration dept. and they said i had no ristriction on doing bussiness but need to have a ABN. To run a bussiness(beauty/massage parlor) as sole trader or in partnership where do i have to register and how do i do it here in brisbane QLD.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  qldlawyer replied 6 years ago.
You can apply for an ABN (Australian Business Number) online.

http://australia.gov.au/service/abn-apply-for-an-abn-australian-business-number

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there a diffrent in process for us on bridge visa and resident of australia. should i apply for personal ABN or bussiness ABN or do i need both
Expert:  qldlawyer replied 6 years ago.
It depends upon how you intend to carry on a business in Australia ie. sole trader, partnership, company structure etc. You should consult with an accountant as to what is the best business structure for your situation as this may have taxation consequences for you and is not an area that a lawyer can advise on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do i have any ristriction by law on running my bussiness as i am on a bridge visa A under general skill migration.

Expert:  qldlawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello I have answered your initial question:
"To run a business(beauty/massage parlor) as sole trader or in partnership where do i have to register and how do i do it here in brisbane QLD" and I also answered your second follow up question about business structures.

As to your third question "Do i have any ristriction by law on running my bussiness as i am on a bridge visa A under general skill migration." You stated in your initial question that "i talked to immigration dept. and they said i had no ristriction on doing bussiness but need to have a ABN." So you already have that information direct from the immigration department.