Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

Laws about distributing flyers on cars/houses/telephone poles

Laws about distributing flyers on cars/houses/telephone poles in your area.
1. Am I allowed to put flyers on cars/telephone poles? I live in Newport NSW Australia, but would like to do this in different suburbs Sydney wide.
2. If an email address is advertised am I allowed to email market to this person without their permission?
[QUOTE]1. Am I allowed to put flyers on cars/telephone poles?[/QUOTE]
Its actually not legal to put up flyers on telephone poles although many people often do.

Regarding putting flyers on other people's cars, again it not lawful to do this (its called trespass to goods), but often businesses do it anyway.

[QUOTE]2. If an email address is advertised am I allowed to email market to this person without their permission?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately not. The Spam Act 2003 (Cth) puts a prohibition on sending unsolicited commercial electronic messages (email).

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I were to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. As such, if my answer has been helpful or informative to you, even if it wasn't necessarily what you wanted to hear, please hit the Accept button.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What can happen to me if I do?
The police could charge you, and you could end up going to jail.

If my answer has been helpful or informative to you, please hit the Accept button.