Dino
Dino, service engineer
Experience:  service technican at elite appliance care
99390383

I have a westinghouse fridge virtuoso which is continuously

Customer Question

I have a westinghouse fridge virtuoso which is continuously making a beeping sound coming from the panel on front of door , it lights up when this happens
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: ill go check give me a minute
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is a Westinghouse virtuoso BJV-R*11 and yes if it is a minor adjustment
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The beeping is continuous and then it stops for 10 minutes and then starts again ongoing like this
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Dino replied 8 days ago.

Hi

Other then the beeping noise is the appliance still working ok?

If you open and close the door does it stop?

Regards

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it all works well but the noise comes and goes, it stops for a while and then reactivates. At the moment it has stopped and panel is not lit up. What do you think could trigger it off?
Expert:  Dino replied 6 days ago.

If its still working all ok and the door are closed fully then its possibley a fault on the control board im afraid.

As ive seen them do this before were it starts beeping even when theres nothing wrong with it. So if its that then im afraid its looking like the control board could be the issue here.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok seems to have stopped for the time being, could it be that something could be hitting the back of the fridge or the seals are not closing properly, its strange that happens from time to time.
Expert:  Dino replied 5 days ago.

It wont be something hitting the back of the fridge as that wont cause the control board to do this.

But the seal on the other hand could.

What you can try is get a hairdryer and heat the seal all the way round the door as this softens the seal and makes a better seal on the door. So try that as you never know.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks i will give that a go. I let you know
Expert:  Dino replied 4 days ago.

No worries.