Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I'm trying to get a condenser fan part number WR60X266, Yes,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I'm trying to get a condenser fan part number WR60X266
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Fridge # TPGBRCGBB
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE and its 16 years
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Sorry, I see you are in New Zealand, I'm not sure where you can get this part so I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't mind if the part is sourced in USA as I have friends who can post to me
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 7 days ago.

Must be a pretty old GE. Part showing " no longer available " But if you could send me a picture of it (rear and side view ) I may still be able to help.

Also what is the voltage and Hertz for electric in New Zealand ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Tom
That might be a bit difficult to photograph as it's still in and running (albeit noisy) we are 220/240V, 50Hz although I have a feeling the fan could be DC.What I would really like to do is obtain a replacement unit and swap out in one move.I have tried corresponding with GE but it feels like I'm talking to myself, yes the fridge is old (16 years) but everything is in great order except for slightly elevated fan noise, most likely bearings or fan out of balance.
I have cleaned it but no difference!
So I'm thinking its a bit nuts to junk the fridge when a simple fan replacement could give it a bit more life
Cheers
Mike Bitossi
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 6 days ago.

Well what I would be looking at 115 volt 60 cycle - so that won't work . Can you check to see if it is DC volt and if there are any stampings on the motor ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Tom,Sorry for the delay - its being on the other side of the planet!
Just had it out again 220V, label says "ECM Motor, 5SME44AG3900, 220V, 50/60Hz, .12A, 2.9W, 1100 rpm
Its definately the fan side bearing that is loose and causing the unwanted rattling noise, I didnt try to pull it down that far without knowing what the bearing is or having a replacement.I have taken photos of the unit if that's any assistance to your thinking
Regards
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 5 days ago.

Yes , a picture would help ( how it mounts and how the fan blade attaches )

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Tom,
The fan has a single nut which I have tightened a bit, the body mounts using 3 torx screws onto legs from the fan shroud plate
Tightening up the nut and applying grease to the back bearing (there is a small plastic cover) seems to have reduced but not totally eliminated fan rattle
Cheers

Can honestly say I've never seen a motor quite like it and I've exhausted every avenue I could to cross reference it to one similar. Try reposting your question - this time under Appliances UK as they are more likely to have a better answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your efforts TomAs I seemed to have lessened the noise level I think I'll leave it now and think about trying to fix it or at worst replace the Fridge if it gets worse or fails.Great learning experience for me
Thanks from "down under"Mike B

Not sure what you learned except this Yank wasn't much help. Guess I'll go drink a Fosters

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Don't drink that Australian rubbish, try a Steinlager
Cheers
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 4 days ago.

I'll remember that - don't know if it is available around here ( near St. Louis , Missouri )