AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576
Australia Whitegoods

I have an F20 error code on my fisher and paykey fridge and

Hello - I have an... Show More
Hello - I have an F20 error code on my fisher and paykey fridge and it beeps every time i open the door - any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 3-5 years old. can't find the model number but it has 2 doors on the fridge and a pull out freezer drawer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its say otherwise i;; have to call someone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: *easy
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer reply replied 7 days ago.
I think the model number is *****
replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I apologize for the delay. Do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 6 days ago.
please - it's still beeping
Customer reply replied 6 days ago.
It's been 2 days and I have not revived a reply - is there anyone there?
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 days ago.

Check the wires to the heating element for the flap most likely they are broken under the hinge cover on the top of the door with the flap lift the plastic cover and you will find the worst set up for sliding wires I have ever seen if you want a long term fix cut a section of the wires out (making sure the fridge has been unplugged) and solder & heat shrink a section of flexible good quality wire in this area making sure the solder joints are far enough away so the movement is not working the joins.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thanks.