Appliance Tech-Care
Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Years - 40,000+ Completed 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a kleenmaid oven that we just re installed and the +

Customer Question

Hi I have a kleenmaid oven that we just re installed and the + button is stuck and the oven continually beeps ...not able to use as we cant set the time I think any suggestions
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Keenmaid brandt TO 56
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its possible to fix
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can we fix this ourselves
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 1 month ago.

If the button is stuck down, there is a mechanical problem with the clock control. Does you r model have a separate plastic button or is it a membrane type with a bubble that you push?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are 3 seperate buttons but they do have a vinyl/plastic type cover and you push the button through the cover the + one appears to not work when you puch it the others you can feel reacting to the push

The problem you have is under the button pad. There is a micro switch that is stuck down and unfortunately there is no way to repair it other that replacing the clock. This usually happens over time, the switch just looses it lubrication and then will not pop back up.

You may be able to purchase the clock from here if it is still available

click here.

Sorry I could not give you better news :(

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don