Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an Electrolux 8KG Time Machine, that keeps giving me

Customer Question

We have an Electrolux 8KG Time Machine, that keeps giving me an E40 error message. Having looked at some of your earlier correspondents regarding this problem I attempted to fix the error myself. I then watched the youtube video on removing the door switch and resetting it which had no effect. Do I now need to replace this part? And how does this part become damaged, through general wear and tear or miss use? Be good to get your feedback. Jaime.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

E40 is nearly always a door lock fault here.

If you checked the wiring to it and its all fine but still not working then its going to need a new door lock fitting on this.

As to why they fail its just general wear and tear as it has a ptc inside which heats up when powered and this locks the door and makes contact. These burn over time with the switching on and off and then fails like this were it wont start and gives the E40 error code. So its not down to miss use here its just one of them things im afraid.

We replace loads of them on these Electrolux appliances.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel, Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I understand that I need to replace this part, could you recommend anywhere that might be able to sell me one and deliver fairly quickly? Regards J.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

You can try these as ive heard from other people i have helped here that they are fast with delivery and they usually have all the parts in stock.

Just enter the model number in the search box and you should be able to find the lock.

Click here

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks