Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a customer with a air fridge bottom section is fridge

Hi john I have a customer with a Jen air fridge bottom section is fridge top is freezer freezer is working fine but fridge isn't getting cold
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Date of manufacture is 05/06/01 and I could only find a plate with10 different cat no's on it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm a licensed electrician in Australia the job is for a customer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fan in the freezer is working and the fan at the back in the bottom of the unit is also working it sounded like the condenser was running but was hard to hear with the fan

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The evaporator coil in the freezer is probably plugged with frost and not allowing air through to the refrigerator. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Kelly the fridge has been off for a few days so there isn't any frost build up the customer turned it off
Where I live we tend to get brown outs a lot from the power company(rural qld) she said she noticed it after we had some storms and brown outs

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

I need to see if it has an electric air damper motor.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Where do I find the model number I there was some plates on the inside of the fridge behind the veggie draw 10 of CAT numbers first one being gsg124pad

That uses a semi auto damper, see number 8 at link below.

CLICK HERE

The damper is thermostatically controlled but is all mechanical, no electrical parts. Can you see if it may be stuck closed? See picture of assembly below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
that is up in where the light is situated that whole panel yeah?

No, that is a different model. Let me see if I can find any of the other models matching to the picture you just sent. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

That is a GT series model, just not sure of the cubic size but the damper is totally mechanical on yours, see number 1 at link below. Can you look and see if it is tuck closed?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do I need to remove the cover for that I tried getting my fingers in through the styrofoam but could not get in far enough there is air blowing through it but not much at all very very light and not that cold
I'm not on site at the moment sorry

It is probably plugged and stuck in the closed position. The entire cover will need to be removed, yes. That is where the trouble lies, though. Once you get access, you will see what is going on with it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No worries will try that am I able to reply to this thread tomorrow if I need more help with it
Without it costing me anymore?

Actually, there is no time limit at all, post back in July, if you'd like! :-)