AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a fisher and pykel e442b fridge and i keeps icing

Customer Question

hello i have a fisher and pykel e442b fridge and i keeps icing over between the fridge and freezer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i think it might be the defrost heater but not sure as i can hear fans running once i shut the door
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its easy enough i guess
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ive already cleard the passage 2 times of ice in the last month
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Is it ice on the bottom only or frost on the coil in the freezer, behind the rear wall?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there is ice in the compartment that pushes cold air from freezer to fridge. it has blocked it completely which is why the fridge gets warm... i'll have to have a closer look at the coil and get back to you
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

So that is probably a drain issue. Do you let the entire thing thaw out so the drain line clears, too?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ive poured hot water down the passage from fridge to freezer to melt ice and water fills up the overflow container in the back of the fridge, so would that suggest that the drain line would be clear?