AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

My washing machine Electrolux front loader is not filling

Customer Question

my washing machine Electrolux front loader is not filling with water. I checked the hose but there is no kink or blockage. It doesn't come up as a fault either
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: since yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is easy enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have no idea about electrics
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 month ago.

This will either be the water inlet valve, the pressure switch or the control board.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you an nobody likes to go to work and not get paid. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I check what is the problem? it started working again yesterday. I turned the water off while it was trying to fill and then turned it on again and it worked. Did one load of washing but now it has the same problem.

You can test the water inlet valve and pressure switch for continuity. The control board cannot be tested.