Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a F&P 602/452 series built in oven. The fan forced

Customer Question

I have a F&P 602/452 series built in oven. The fan forced function has stopped working. Also, the automatic cool down fan has stopped working. What do I need to replace? Thanks, Ray.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Fisher & Paykel 8 function single oven about 11 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Every other function works fine. I've had It out several times, can't see any apparent problems.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

If your model is electronic control, the issue is most likely with the electronics if you have found no wiring issues. Do you have the exact and complete model number?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for the follow up. The oven model is FPB1602CTE - product code 87853 MKM 635735. Thanks, Ray
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Thank you! Have you had the opportunity to inspect the wiring at the back of the control area and the fan?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The fan still works on the other settings. I have visually checked wiring & found no hot spots or burn marks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

It has to be a control issue. Can you post a picture of the back of the control panel showing the wiring?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will get picture to you soon. Currently working long hours.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

I totally understand, thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have two photos attached. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 days ago.

On that model, the clock is not controlling what I thought it did. I am not able to find a wiring diagram for that model but the multi function switch on the right side of those pictures is likely at faulty. I will see if another may have the wiring info for that model.