Appliance Tech-Care
Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Years - 40,000+ Completed 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

A Westinghouse RB271BS 280L Fridge needs seals replaced can

Customer Question

A Westinghouse RB271BS 280L Fridge needs seals replaced can that be done and how much?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I am looking at purchasing it but seller tells me me the seals needs t be replaced
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can I would.....but I dont know anything about putting on seals
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: do you have any repair technicians in Auckland
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
RB271BS 280L Fridge .... How much are the seals for both fridge and freezer? separately and together? i live in Auckland
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

I can't tell from the pictures how the door seals are attached to the fridge. However, most are held on by a number of screws around the perimeter under the flap the holds the magnets. Some newer fridges have a push on door seal that is much easier to install. If you have the machine available to look at the seals, look at the area under the magnetic flaps around the edge of the door seals. If you have rows of screws, then the job is more difficult and I would suggest that you get a tech out to do it for you. The door seals are aound 118 ea, so if both are bad, you may want to think about the value of the job, plus the techs service charges.

You can purchase the parts here:

http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/index.php?cPath=64685_78487_78924

Here is a google search for repair shops near you.

https://www.google.com.au/#q=refrigerator+repairs+in+aukland

I hope that this info will help you out in your decisions.

Thanks for letting me answer your questions!

Don

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance