Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The plastic hose that feeds the water into the back of the

Customer Question

The plastic hose that feeds the water into the back of the fridge split and water gushed out.
We have turned the water to the fridge/ off. Do I need a plumber to fix this, or a Whirlpool service person. We found the plastic hose was attached to the back of a fridge by a metal bracket . The metal bracket seems to have pierced the hose.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You may want to get an appliance tech out as the line to the unit may need to be changed and other lines may have to be checked on the unit. I would just contact a local appliance company for that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.