Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The door of my Blanco oven BOSE69PX keeps locking.....no

Customer Question

The door of my Blanco oven BOSE69PX keeps locking.....no pattern, at random. It will not unlock until it is ready!!! Any ideas of how to fix it?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Have given you the make etc it is just 3 years old and started to do this when it was just out of warranty.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I live in the country.....if I can find out what to do I will get a local to have a look at it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have rung a technician recommended by Blanco.....$143 for a service call, then parts and then more to come back....he suggested I think about getting a new oven!!! He said he has never worked on a Blanco......
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 23 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

I would bet you have a bad door lock on the unit and will need to replace it. If a switch is bad on the lock motor that will happen as the board will see the door lock in the wrong position trying to lock and unlock it. I would order that and replace.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I really don't need the door to lock. Is it possible to just remove the lock?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 17 days ago.

Well you can not just remove it or it will display an error likely. You should get a new door lock put in.