Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Asko W6222 washing machine F 3 error message, i cleaned out

Customer Question

Asko W6222 washing machine F 3 error message, i cleaned out the trap filter there is nothing there, machine will not spin dry 80 % of the time. Is there something else I should do?
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: machine is about 8 years old, have had the error messages before and cleaned out the trap, have not had the spin dry issue in the past
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can if it's not to complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this stage
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means you will need to replace the pump on the unit. When that happens the impeller is likely loose on the shaft and is not pumping out anymore. Normally the pump lasts about 7-9yrs so it would be due to be replaced.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.