Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The ice maker isn't working .no water is going into the ice

Customer Question

the ice maker isn't working .no water is going into the ice tray. we cleaned it out yesterday as the ice had frozen in a big block.how do I get it to work?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung side by side
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: srs584dp
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

You need to replace the icemaker itself, the sensor is bad on the icemaker. It will keep filling to soon before it is completely frozen harvesting causing this issue. Replace the icemaker and it will be good to go.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.