AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have an old gas range model # GF750NWG serial #VF 20409267

Customer Question

I have an old gas range model # GF750NWG serial #VF 20409267 ...the temperature button won't turn...can this be fixed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I don't cook much so I've just gone without the oven...it probably broke 3 years ago....the burners work fine so I just use the those.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Numbers above...no idea on its age
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes I don't have much money...I have limited mechanical experience but can try to fix it myself if plausible
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer m name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The model number I pulled up is for a westinghouse? Is this the part you are having trouble with?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Westinghouse-Range-Stove-Oven-Control-Knob/5303304494/631732?modelNumber=GF750NW6&ss=a13b89i635d548069&mr=1

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no it is the temperature control with the oven degrees on it but its not the knob itself ...the knob comes off ok.....it will not turn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there still
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I am here just having a hard time locating parts for your unit that are still available this may not be able to be fixed sadly.