Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Washingmachine will not switch on

Customer Question

washingmachine will not switch on
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If there is no power and nothing is working then that tells me more than likely the problem is with your main control board and will need to be replaced. You can contact Fisher paykel for the part if you are interested in fixing it or if you give me the model number I can try and locate the part online for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I wanted to touch base with you to see how its going?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If this unit is not turning on you need to tip the unit up against the wall and check the resistance of the pump, it should be about 7-15 ohms. If it is all corroded around the pump and it is out of range the unit will be totally dead. Check that and see they sell the new pump with a fuse kit to be installed due to that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated APPLIANCE GURU