Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a fridge/freezer which the fridge is icing up and not

Customer Question

I have a fridge/freezer which the fridge is icing up and not getting cold. the freezer compartment is working fine. The ice is accumulating around the water tank at the back of the fridge.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is a Bosch there is a sticker inside the fridge door KAD62V70AU plus some more codes? It is only about 2 years old at most
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i am just wondering if it is cheaper/easier to replace it?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When these things happen first we have you check to make sure that the two fans are running one is located by the compressor the black pot thing in the back and then the evap fan which is located around the condenser coils. The condenser coils may possibly be frozen and if they are they will need to be defrosted with a blow dryer. If they are not frozen and the fans are both working then its possible the thermistor may be the issue. It is cheap and easy to replace.