Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch SMI50E25AU dishwasher. It fill at the start

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch SMI50E25AU dishwasher. It fill at the start of any program and runs the rinse cycle, drains, but thne does not fill during the wash cycle. I have checked the water inlet valve, outlet valve, flow switch, drain pump, circulation pump and wiring harness, all look OK. Heat exchanger has some gunk in one vein, which has been compeltely cleaned out. The heater also works fine. Any ideas why it is not filling for the wash parts of the program?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SMI50E25AU, not sure which suffix, probably 01. Unit is 7 years old and is in gnerally very good condition, will wash dishes fine if you manually add water after the rinse cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - I am an electrical engineer and are now very familiar with this machine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked the flow switch reed switch - OK water inlet valve is OK outlet valve solenoid is OK (albeit a bit noisy) regeneration valve solenoid is OK overflow level switch is OK
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 28 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to replace the main control board for that issue the computer is not signalling the valve to energize, which was a very common issue on that model. They have resdeisigned the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry - which valve is the controller not energizing?

The fill valve for the wash cycle