Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool refrigerator 410 DXL about 5 years old.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool refrigerator 410 DXL about 5 years old. The fridge part is not blowing air or cooling but the freezer seems to be still freezing. Is this worth getting fixed?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Whirlpool Model WRID41TW about 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I know, I don't have any idea if it would be just a thermostat or a fan or anything more serious
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you .Since the freezer is still keeping temp and freezing that leaves out the big parts such as pricey compressors and more that likely your control board. Since it is just the fridge more than likely this is an issue with either the condenser coils being frozen or the evap fan not working or the more than likely culprit of the damper assembly or thermistor causing the issue.

None of which are hard or to expensive to fix or replace if you are interested in doing the troubleshooting and work yourself with my assistance of course.