Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a 3 way fridge with a loose top hinge, I have removed

Customer Question

I have a 3 way fridge with a loose top hinge, I have removed the fascia panel and find the ignition switch is in the way. how do I remove the switch?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Cant find a model.it is an Electrolux installed in a 1991 Mazda we have just purchased. dont know any more.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: only that the screw I need to tighten is under the ignition switch.it is a sqoare unitmade from plastic with a red button,
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 24 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 24 days ago.

Typically, there are plastic release tabs along the edges of the switch that you will need to use a putty knife to slide under the switch edges to release.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?