Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have inherited a fisher & pykel aquasmart washing machine

Customer Question

hi i have inherited a fisher & pykel aquasmart washing machine and when i turned it on to use it shows fault 49 just wanted to know if it was worth fixing i haev no idea how old the machine is
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just recently
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no sure happy to get a tech out if its not too expensive
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The error you are getting is

"The motor control module has measured a voltage from the valve diagnostic circuit that indicates the cold valve or both the cold and hot valve or dispensing valves are faulty. This most likely is that the valve harness has not been connected correctly or the valve(s) is open circuit

- Check the valve harnesses are correctly fastened to the valves and the motor control module or the pins are not bent back.

-Measure the resistance of the cold and hot valve coils

- Replace the Motor Controller Module"

Now if you have the model number I can try and locate the part you may need to order in order to fix this issue.

Expert:  nicolas-cssm replied 25 days ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/australia-whitegoods/a08d2-inherited-fisher-pykel-aquasmart-washing-machine.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were still needing assistance?