Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a BOsch dishwasher that is not starting when you

Customer Question

We have a BOsch dishwasher that is not starting when you press the button - the light just flashes. Prior to this the check water light was on and I tilted machine forward like I have read to do - it was full of water in bottom. Anyway check water light is not currently on but I can't start the machine. Help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 4yrs old - was in house when we built new. Model number SMU50E05AU
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The overflow float in the bottom overflow pan is likely still tripped. You need to pull the unit out and check the overflow pan for water and make sure the float is down. Also source the leak to see why you have water there and then you should be able to get it going.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.